Anita from Islamabad Pakistan – REGENERATIVE.com

Homepage » Forums » Permaculture in Your Neighborhood » Pakistan » Anita from Islamabad Pakistan

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  alibinshahid 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Anita
    Participant

Hi I am Anita from Australia living in Pakistan – I am abit obsessed with food security and clean water availability as they are already serious issues here in Paksitan.

I have a friend who did a permaculture course with Bill Mollison in Murwullumbah in Australia and had a permaculture farm – near Beenleigh- now I have a large block of land in Gilgit 50 Kanal Land which is dry with freezing winters and scorching summers and yet the area is irrigated with uplift from rivers and direct snow melt- and abounds in fruit and nut trees but typically the grains are grown seperate from the trees and the vegetables. We may build a hotel amongst our permaculture garden. Also am about to build in Islamabad on my house plot and am interested in rooftop and vertical gardening – right now I have some time as I am taking a rest from development work to spend dedicated time on my kids myself and my land.

Temika
    Participant

Enjoy the break! Happy perma-culting 🙂

fatima.natural1416
    Participant

Hi Anita,

Hope you are done with your vacations now. So have you started working on some Permaculture initiative at your land in Gilgit? I would encourage you to become part of our FB group so that we can interact more frequently https://www.facebook.com/groups/permaculturepakistan/

Anita
    Participant

not yet – some tree planting going on – but nowhere near a permaculture effort
    Anita Cole Advisor/Consultant/Support   Islamabad, Pakistan+92 3478921796

Brisbane, Australia Phone: +61 7 3040 8481 
    (Brisbane local call – connects to Skype- wherever I am in the world)  Skype: anita.cole55
    To: [email protected]
    Sent: Monday, April 6, 2015 2:09 PM
    Subject: Re: [Open Permaculture School] Anita from Islamabad Pakistan

Hi Anita,

Hope you are done with your vacations now. So have you started working on some
    Permaculture initiative at your land in Gilgit? I would encourage you to
    become part of our FB group so that we can interact more frequently
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/permaculturepakistan/ [0]

alibinshahid
    Participant

Hi,

I am also from islamabad Pakistan. And starting two initiatives in permaculture. Lets meet up and exchange ideas.

Ali Bin Shahid

fatima.natural1416
    Participant

Hi Ali,

Nice to hear from you 🙂 we are all connected through facebook at this group, https://www.facebook.com/groups/permaculturepakistan/ where other members are also present. So please connect so that we can communicate further 🙂

Regards
    Fatima

alibinshahid
    Participant

Ah But i am not on facebook, used to be but it took most of my time so I had to shut it down.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.