Anyone else from Cincinnati, OHIO? – REGENERATIVE.com

Homepage » Forums » Permaculture in Your Neighborhood » United States » Ohio » Anyone else from Cincinnati, OHIO?

This topic contains 14 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Ronyon 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

DJ
    Participant

Hi. This is an awesome opportunity that I receive with great gratitude. Hope to find some kindred spirits to start a sustainable community.
    DJ

Anonymous

Hello DJ and welcome to the Online Permaculture Design Course!

I am really thrilled that you have chosen to join us for this world-changing program. With many tens of thousands of enrolled students, this is the world\’s largest permaculture education course, and we\’re really quite excited to share this knowledge with you.

I want to take a moment to let you know about a few options that can help you get the most out of your learning experience with us:

– Our instructors answer questions on these forums, and we generally really encourage you to participate in the forums as much as you can, as it will really help you engage with this material in the best possible way. You are encouraged to post any questions you may have about the lectures or general permaculture questions.

– The course itself is offered completely free of charge (no catch, no gotcha, nothing). We also offer the same material on DVD (so you can watch it on your television) and you can purchase the DVD sets @ http://www.regenerative.com/dvd

– We do offer the internationally-standard Permaculture Design Certificate as an option with this course. The certificate program includes an experiential design project and examination; the design project can be for virtually any topic, including your own property. You can learn more about the certification @ http://www.regenerative.com/certificate

If you agree that the knowledge we offer in these lectures is worthwhile, we encourage you to support the continued development of this program by purchasing the DVD sets and the certification. The DVD sets also make truly fantastic gifts for friends and loved ones, and are a great way to introduce other people to permaculture (consider donating a set of DVDs to your local library!).

Again, welcome on-board. I encourage you to take a moment to post on the other forums. If you have any questions, please post them in the Technical Questions or the Q&A forums (/forums). On behalf of our entire team, we hope that you enjoy this program and look forward to seeing you take this knowledge into the wild!

Melissa
    Participant

Hello! I am from suburban ‘nati DJ!

Karen
    Participant

Hi, I’m Karen-just on board. Excited to understand more on permaculture in an affordable way!

Melissa
    Participant

i’m melissa from cincinncati, walnut hills area…just joined! excited to learn and implement as we begin our vacant lots gardening projects!

Frances
    Participant

I am from butler county

Bradley
    Participant

Hello from Milford Area!

mphillips4387
    Participant

Mary Ann from Westwood. I have a tiny yard that I hope to eventually grow most of our food on. Trained in Hort but always eager to learn more.

Emily
    Participant

I’m from Hamilton

stacieajackson
    Participant

I’m from Hartwell.

mphillips4387
    Participant

Hi Cincinnatians! I am hoping to create a sheet mulch bed this month to be ready for fall planting. Does anyone in the area have any excess materials they’d be willing to share? One small step…..

J
    Participant

Hi DJ — I’m in Northside

stacieajackson
    Participant

I’m still in Hartwell and still interested in permaculture. Anyone else still studying? Anyone know of local groups that gather and discuss permaculture and how we can make a difference?

mphillips4387
    Participant

Hi Stacie. I just joined a MeetUp.com group for local permaculture. Looks like it’s pretty new, they’ve had one gathering so far. Hope to meet you in person some day.

I never did get that sheet mulch bed done in May, but planning one this fall for spring planting. Starting this week. I still need to gather the materials if anyone has some available. I need straw and/or yard waste of any kind. I’ll be knocking down some weed growth that has been vigorously growing over the summer, layering cardboard over that ans then adding some compost, yard waste, straw. Hope to get it to about 4 feet by then. If anyone has materials, I am happy to come pick them up. I plan to call Sears to see if I can have some of their appliance boxes to cover more ground quickly. Any other suggestions for resources are welcome! thanks

Ronyon
    Participant

Price Hill checking in, I have seed fever right now, just got 1000 wonderberries in, along with 1000 ground cherries, anyone else buying tree/ plants in eager anticipation?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.