This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Pam Prince
    Participant

Hi, My name is Pam Prince. Thank you for this opportunity to learn for free!:) I am from Princeton, Newfoundland. I have been away for over 20 years, living mostly in Alberta. I moved back two years ago and feel its time to go back to basics in many areas of my life, including growing our own food. We have many ideas and plans and having an opportunity to learn new ways in sustainability is a bonus. My nephew introduced us to permaculture a few years ago, taking a course in BC. Newfoundland has huge potential for a variety of food sources, not including what it naturally produces.
    I look forward to connecting with others, learning and sharing together:)
    Thanks again for this opportunity!

Anonymous

Hello. This is Dan Rubin of Perfectly Perennial Herbs and Seeds (www.perfectlyperennial.ca). We are developing a seed hub for our region, with funding coming from the Bauta Family Seed Initiative. This year our small backyard seed production will be greatly expanded, with thirty more raised beds, row crops and plans for an earth sheltered greenhouse in process. We need to know what people want to grow, so we can focus on the most productive, useful and best adapted food plants, flowers and herbs for our region (Atlantic Canada). On April 12 and 13 we will offer two full-day sessions on Year-Round Gardening, using raised beds and simple protective structures. Please get in touch if you would like to know more about what we are doing, or would like to order some of our seeds. Happy home, Pam!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.