Bill Mollison's book – REGENERATIVE.com

Homepage » Forums » Permaculture Design » Bill Mollison's book

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  elstons4 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

talibahshakir
    Participant

I am having problems finding the Bill Mollison book on permaculture design. On Amazon the book was $58, the next day I was going to purchase the book and the price had tripled.

Barnes and Noble book store can not order the book for me
    Please tell me which books I actually need for the International Certification.

Also when will I receive the DVDs that went with this course

Talibah Shakir

mphillips4387
    Participant

I just reserved the Bill Mollison book from the library through inter-library loan. Took me a while to figure that one out, but it would have been alot easier had I just gone in and talked to a librarian in person instead of relying so much on the internet and figuring everything out myself LOL. Anyway, yea, it’s an expensive book, though I’m sure would be valuable to no end…when I can afford to buy it.

Not sure if you have the ability to get it from the library where you are, but it’s worth looking into.

Mary Ann

Anonymous

I don’t know about this book, but he does have a video lecture series at http://www.networkearth.org/perma/culture.html

Once you get through the pop-science, the closed-system misconceptions and other 60-ish hippie non-sense, their is a lot of info that is good.

stanbridger
    Participant

Luckily there are copies of Bill Mollison’s book at various universities here in Sweden, and these can be booked via inter-library loan. Because of high demand one can only keep the book for three weeks. But it is easy to re-order. Right now I am reading through the early chapters to get up to where Larry is lecturing about design. The lectures are a great introduction to the more detailed discussion by Mollison. I am making notes of everything that strikes me as interesting or important for my coming design project. I have my own copy of Toby Hemenway’s Gaia’s Garden. Once I have watched some of Larry’s lectures I read the relevant chapters in Mollison and Hemenway and then browse the topic via Google. For me this is a rich learning method.

mphillips4387
    Participant

I finally received my book through the library. I doubt I will be able to keep it longer than three weeks as it sounds like it’s in high demand. I will probably have to reorder it when I am close to finishing the design submission process so I have it for the exam. I have barely cracked it open, I have been so busy. Oh well

elstons4
    Participant

What is the actual title of the book? I was just at Barnes and Noble, and they listed about seven books by Bill Mollison. I wasn’t sure which to order.

Also, I couldn’t find Gaia’s Garden in their system.

mphillips4387
    Participant

I got Gaias garden on Amazon. The mollison book you need for the exam is
    Permaculture, a Designers Manual.

elstons4
    Participant

Thank You Mary Ann!

That should do the trick.

stanbridger
    Participant

elstons4
    Participant

Oh, Thank you Roland!

I’ll have to try that. Really enjoying the lectures, but to me, nothing beats good old reading.

Ward

anglii
    Participant

Permaculture: A Designer’s Manual by Tagari Publications in Tasmania. You can get it through the publisher’s US distributor with free shipping in the U.S. ($7.50 -$15 to Canada) http://www.powells.com/biblio/18-9780908228010-1

elstons4
    Participant

Thank you Anglii! I’ll definitely look into it soon!

Ward

On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 6:35 PM, anglii
    wrote:

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.