Homepage 2019 » Forums » Water Sustainability » Compost to heat water.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Dean 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Jo
    Participant

I just had to share this –

No Fire Required! 500 Showers Heated by One Small Compost Pile

http://www.minds.com/blog/view/248523180723933184/no-fire-required-500-showers-heated-by-one-small-compost-pile

tim
    Participant

That is an awesome idea. I was trying to think of a way to do this with my goats compost pile but it sounds like i would need a much larger pile to start with. I don’t think our goats would produce enough to keep the pile hot through the winter here.

Jo
    Participant

I think you could use vegetation as well Tim. If you look into hot compost making you will see how this can be achieved. I’d be interesting to know if you can get it to work for you 🙂

Dean
    Participant

Hello, I just noticed your post and as it has been over a month or so ago I was wondering if you have found anymore info on heating water via compost. I have seen a lot of articles but what I cannot seem to find is how much pipe/hose relates to how many litres of hot water, how long x amount of pipe/hose takes to heat up. I am trying to see how much pipe/hose I would need to provide 2 or 3 showers at a time and then how long I would have to wait for the next pipe/hose worth to heat up again. Hope that makes sense.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.