GREETINGS from Aggies Farm in Avery, Tx – REGENERATIVE.com

Homepage » Forums » Permaculture in Your Neighborhood » United States » Texas » GREETINGS from Aggies Farm in Avery, Tx

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  loumathis 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

loumathis
    Participant

We are rapidly developing a small intentional village with permaculture design/holistic management of pastures anf Organic Farming as the main themes..31 acres half virgin hardwood rest pasture farmland//4 ponds now [one when we got here/will have tiny houses with community commercial center/cattle pigs ducks chickens [here now] we are actively seeking new members you can check out our booth at the TOFGA convention on the 29th thru 31 Jan 2015 in San Antonio at the airport hilton or email us at [email protected] also check our blog at AggiesFarm.com

sweet5021
    Participant

I have a question,have fire ants in my garden and surrounding area, these critter have kill my earth worms and made it so I really dont want to garden any more. Have try all the natural ways,need help.

leking0166
    Participant

I am new to this and have been looking for something like this in my area. I live in Texarkana, TX and am planning to have as much of a natural garden as I can. I would appreciate any information you could give me for my endeavor in this direction.

loumathis
    Participant

Hi
    Thanks for writing!
    You are more than welcome to come visit at anytime, our phone is 903-684-3862. We are just starting ourselves but have a lot done, A High Tunnel for year round productionm 4 ponds, etc. We also have nice organic Tomato and Pepper plants for sale at the present time, Once it opens in late may we will be at the Texarkana Farmers Market every other week or so.
    Please feel free to call or come by and we will help you in any way we can. We’d love to get a permaculture community started in this area.
    Lou & Aggie

sweet5021
    Participant

Thank you,Aggie and Lou for the invitation,would love to see how your Garden is set up.High tunnel to grow year around sounds really good.My name is Ethel live in Tennessee Colony near Palestine,Tx on 4 acres.You can call me @903-922-0086.

sweet5021
    Participant

Hi,will do my best to help you.What questions do you have? We are learning too .If you want just call me and we just talk ok.My name is [email protected] a wonderful evening.

sweet5021
    Participant

Has anyone found the book by Bill M. they would like to share or tell me where to get it cheaper then $200 to $300.00

loumathis
    Participant

Amazon 96

loumathis
    Participant

Do you have a high tunnel? you can get a grant real esy for one

sweet5021
    Participant

Thanks…..No I dont have a High tunnel,just a 12 foot greenhouse made from cattle panels.MY brother-in-law,husband,daughter and I built. We try to work as cheaply as possible from recalmed material.Talking to neighbors(cattle ranchers) for their old stuff not used anymore, so far 2 water troughs.

loumathis
    Participant

You can get a grant from the NRCS [usda] for a 30X72 high tunnel//just go to the county office and apply//get your app in and we will help you get thru the oprocess

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.