Homepage » Forums » Permaculture in Your Neighborhood » Ukraine » Greetings from Ukraine!

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Marta 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Polina
    Participant

My name is Polina. I have obtained my Bachelor’s Degree in Ecology, Environmental protection and Sustainable Development some month ago. I am going to further my education and benefit environment and society with my contribution. I am in search of the specific direction to follow in my future studies and professional development.
    After spending some time in the countryside and eating the food, which was grown up by myself, I cant afford myself to buy any vegetables and fruits form the supermarkets. The reason is that I dont trust the way the last were grown – the products dont have the bright fresh taste and smell like the ones from my garden bed have, they just dont seem to be full of life energy, which is so important for us to get from food.
    The course is the great chance for me to get in touch with the principles of permaculture. I hope to meet new people, who are concerned with the same problems that I am. Moreover, as far as I know the idea of the farmer Fukuoka is that natural farming is not only the way to grow healthy food, but also to maintain harmony in the world. I hope the course will unite people to build the world of wisdom and harmony.

bjgnome
    Participant

Welcome Polina!

It’s a totally different experience to eat food from one’s own garden, isn’t it? And seems so weird to buy food in boxes or cans… I can never go back after eating real food!

-Jonathan aka bjgnome

Polina
    Participant

Nice to meet you, Jonathan!
    Yes, it is totally different! But what shall we do, when we are back to the big bustling city, where there is no garden with the food grown by ourselves? .. I hope the course will give the answer and inspiration to make a change 🙂

bjgnome
    Participant

There are lots of people trying out versions of balcony permaculture. My wife did EM Bokashi composting and grew veggies on her balcony in Tokyo, and we may end up doing that again in the future. If we do, I will definitely do an aquaponics system.

Anonymous

Hi! My name is Rostyslav, and I live near Ivano-Frankivsk, Ukraine. Now I start walnut garden and try natural beekeeping.

Vladislav
    Keymaster

Hello Polina and welcome to the Online Permaculture Design Course!

I am really thrilled that you have chosen to join us for this world-changing program. With many tens of thousands of enrolled students, this is the world’s largest permaculture education course, and we’re really quite excited to share this knowledge with you.

I want to take a moment to let you know about a few options that can help you get the most out of your learning experience with us:

– Our instructors answer questions on these forums, and we generally really encourage you to participate in the forums as much as you can, as it will really help you engage with this material in the best possible way. You are encouraged to post any questions you may have about the lectures or general permaculture questions.

– The course itself is offered completely free of charge (no catch, no gotcha, nothing). We also offer the same material on DVD (so you can watch it on your television) and you can purchase the DVD sets @ http://www.regenerative.com/dvd

– We do offer the internationally-standard Permaculture Design Certificate as an option with this course. The certificate program includes an experiential design project and examination; the design project can be for virtually any topic, including your own property. You can learn more about the certification @ http://www.regenerative.com/certificate

If you agree that the knowledge we offer in these lectures is worthwhile, we encourage you to support the continued development of this program by purchasing the DVD sets and the certification. The DVD sets also make truly gifts for friends and loved ones, and are a great way to introduce other people to permaculture (consider donating a set of DVDs to your local library!).

Again, welcome on-board. I encourage you to take a moment to post on the other forums. If you have any questions, please post them in the Technical Questions or the Q&A forums (/forums). On behalf of our entire team, we hope that you enjoy this program and look forward to seeing you take this knowledge into the wild!

Marta
    Participant

Hi Polina, my name is Marta. I am originally from Ukraine, Lviv, but currently living in the US. Just like you and may others that are attending this course, i am a big fan and supporter of homegrown food and everything that is home/handmade (currently i don’t do much because of the cold weather, but just recently started experimenting with oyster mushrooms and kombucha). I don’t know much about permaculture, its all new to me, but when i was a child i lived with my grandparents in a very rural part of western ukraine, were we raised and grew (as everybody else) our food. I am thrilled about this course and i hope to learn the basics that i can apply in my life.
    While reading your post i thought that you may be interested in the Sustainable Development course, which you can enroll in for free at coursera.org. I am taking this class now, it is very interesting and fascinating!

Regards,
    Marta

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.