Homepage » Forums » Permaculture in Your Neighborhood » Canada » Alberta » hello from alberta canada!

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Sonja
    Participant

Hi all! Super excited about this course. I am a designer with an architectural firm and an environmentalisr at heart. I desperately want to help change the world, so here I am…wish me luck.
    Sonja

Anonymous

Hey, where you from in Alberta? I’m in Medicine Hat?
    Cole

Sonja
    Participant

Hey Cole, I am in Edmonton. I am pretty new here, as I originally came from the Westcoast. I do love Alberta now though. I am googling medicine Hats location right now! 😛

Anonymous

Oh, you should have stayed on the West Coast… I think it’s better weather than Edmonton haha 🙂 . Medicine Hat is the sunniest place in Canada… or at least that’s what we say.

Sonja
    Participant

well I dont know about that, I adore the sunshine here, and the coast has none of it. All rainy and depressing all the time. I can handle the cold, especially when the sun arrives with it. So why are you taking this course? Have you gotten anything good from it yet?

Anonymous

ah yeah, all that is true too 🙂 . Well I’m taking it because I find it really interesting and would like to make a job out of it someday – as a designer or a farmer or whatever works. You could probably say I haven’t gotten anything that ISN’T good out of it yet. I would be really curious how you find it being a designer already.

Vladislav
    Keymaster

Hello Sonja and welcome to the Online Permaculture Design Course!

I am really thrilled that you have chosen to join us for this world-changing program. With many tens of thousands of enrolled students, this is the world’s largest permaculture education course, and we’re really quite excited to share this knowledge with you.

I want to take a moment to let you know about a few options that can help you get the most out of your learning experience with us:

– Our instructors answer questions on these forums, and we generally really encourage you to participate in the forums as much as you can, as it will really help you engage with this material in the best possible way. You are encouraged to post any questions you may have about the lectures or general permaculture questions.

– The course itself is offered completely free of charge (no catch, no gotcha, nothing). We also offer the same material on DVD (so you can watch it on your television) and you can purchase the DVD sets @ http://www.regenerative.com/dvd

– We do offer the internationally-standard Permaculture Design Certificate as an option with this course. The certificate program includes an experiential design project and examination; the design project can be for virtually any topic, including your own property. You can learn more about the certification @ http://www.regenerative.com/certificate

If you agree that the knowledge we offer in these lectures is worthwhile, we encourage you to support the continued development of this program by purchasing the DVD sets and the certification. The DVD sets also make truly gifts for friends and loved ones, and are a great way to introduce other people to permaculture (consider donating a set of DVDs to your local library!).

Again, welcome on-board. I encourage you to take a moment to post on the other forums. If you have any questions, please post them in the Technical Questions or the Q&A forums (/forums). On behalf of our entire team, we hope that you enjoy this program and look forward to seeing you take this knowledge into the wild!

Anonymous

Hi From Alberta as well!
    I’m in Thorhild (about 1hr N of Edmonton).

Pleased to be here 🙂
    Looking forward to learning lots!

Chelsea
    Participant

Hello! I am also from Edmonton, Alberta 🙂

naomi
    Participant

Hello everyone, I`m from Rimbey alberta. I am in the process of attracting much green living education to my life this year and have landed this course. How exciting! I would like to be part of a community of like minds and would love to be in contact with all of you as we go through this course.

cheers
    Naomi

Anonymous

From Edmonton, trying to compliment my Landscape Design certification

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.