Homepage » Forums » Permaculture in Your Neighborhood » United States » Oregon » Hello from Grants Pass Oregon

This topic contains 8 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  HaeringBoD 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

robin
    Participant

I can’t believe I found this course! Lucky me. I find myself growing and loving every moment, but feeling increasingly desperate. I have limited space, but I have lots of plots at the community garden. I feel this is the most important thing I can do, right now. So, teach away and I will be an interactive sponge.

robin
    Participant

Wow oh wow, I had no idea that the course would be incorporating the information from Mr. Fukuoka. I just started reading his third book: “Sowing Seeds in the Desert” This is a very happy coincidence. Thank you for offering this class!!!!!!!!!!!

Joe Githler
    Participant

Hello!

Grants Pass here too. We need more meet ups in town.

Vladislav
    Keymaster

Hello robin and welcome to the Online Permaculture Design Course!

I am really thrilled that you have chosen to join us for this world-changing program. With many tens of thousands of enrolled students, this is the world’s largest permaculture education course, and we’re really quite excited to share this knowledge with you.

I want to take a moment to let you know about a few options that can help you get the most out of your learning experience with us:

– Our instructors answer questions on these forums, and we generally really encourage you to participate in the forums as much as you can, as it will really help you engage with this material in the best possible way. You are encouraged to post any questions you may have about the lectures or general permaculture questions.

– The course itself is offered completely free of charge (no catch, no gotcha, nothing). We also offer the same material on DVD (so you can watch it on your television) and you can purchase the DVD sets @ http://www.regenerative.com/dvd

– We do offer the internationally-standard Permaculture Design Certificate as an option with this course. The certificate program includes an experiential design project and examination; the design project can be for virtually any topic, including your own property. You can learn more about the certification @ http://www.regenerative.com/certificate

If you agree that the knowledge we offer in these lectures is worthwhile, we encourage you to support the continued development of this program by purchasing the DVD sets and the certification. The DVD sets also make truly gifts for friends and loved ones, and are a great way to introduce other people to permaculture (consider donating a set of DVDs to your local library!).

Again, welcome on-board. I encourage you to take a moment to post on the other forums. If you have any questions, please post them in the Technical Questions or the Q&A forums (/forums). On behalf of our entire team, we hope that you enjoy this program and look forward to seeing you take this knowledge into the wild!

Lisa
    Participant

Hello! Also from the Grants Pass area! I thought this seemed too good to be true! So glad to see it really isn’t! Excited to learn!

hmsmath
    Participant

And here is another GP permie that found the course 11 months after the last post here. How is the course going? I just watched the first video and will be making it a pretty slow go. Meeting up would be great.

This week: planting garlic, more harvesting and a bit of chop and drop. Nice to see GP area so well represented!

karenlindsay
    Participant

Hello Grants Pass! Are there any permies out there meeting up, and if so, where and when. I’d love to meet more like minded people and maybe take to time to pick each others brains, and do what we can to help each other with those projects that are too big for one or two people.

EYEARTHYDIRTY
    Participant

I just got back to Portland from spending some time working down around Grants Pass. I might move down there soon to follow the permaculture path with other like minded individuals I have been lucky enough to already start learning from down there. Anyway, Hello from Portland!

HaeringBoD
    Participant

Hello Robin, Joe, Vladislav, Lisa, and everyone else from (Grants Pass) Oregon!

My name is Teresa Haering. I have finished multiple solar courses online and am currently taking the http://www.openpermaculture.com/course-lectures Open Permaculture School online classes while I finish my trip to Rio, Brazil.

I am planning to return to Lubbock, TX mid-June this year and want to go on a road trip to visit different permaculture locations in different states & climates. I would like to trade volunteer labor for a day or two so that I can do a site tours.

You are welcome to check my LinkedIn profile and connect. When you go there you will see I am a 1989 graduate of West Point & a Desert Storm Army Vet, who left active duty in 1992 and then held many career positions in civilian industry to include work at New York City’s electric company for 8 years and at Palm Harbor Homes (in one of their Texas facilities) manufacturing and purchasing for a modular home construction company. I am primarily vegetarian and also in good shape as I am training for a possible August 2016 Triathlon. My LinkedIn page is: http://www.linkedin.com/in/teresahaering

I am curious if you have had any success with other web sites / community links for network with other permaculture / green consruction enthusiasts. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated! Feel free to share this email with anyone that you think could help me with my tour or with anyone that would you know who might like to interview me for residence and/or work within their community. I would be by myself (no pets). I can easily relocate, bring my own tools & a very small (Little Guy) camper if it is conducive to the living space.

I am interested in any of these states and would consider their neighboring states: OR, WA, AZ, NM, CO, TX, PA, NY, CT, MA, FL, CA, or NJ.

Sunny regards, – Teresa ( reduce, reuse, recycle)
    [email protected]
    http://homeguides.sfgate.com/meaning-three-rs-reduce-reuse-recycle-79718.html

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.