Hello from Pie Town Nm – REGENERATIVE.com

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  shaunryanschultz 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Rain
    Participant

Starting the course for certification! I is going to be interesting to take a local ranch for my project. I have bitten off much more than I can chew! It is just a small ranch. about 160 acres I believe. They raise Texas Longhorn Cattle.

Rain
    Participant

I understand that I am supposed to be assigned an advisor since I bought the course on CD for certification. I am not sure where to go from here. Help?

dcowick
    Participant

Wow, Designing a permaculture layout for a ranch sounds great! If you are not aware, USGS has elevation maps that may help you get started with a scaled accurate printout for mockups and such. If the property is not yours or a friends, a legal description of the property is in the Public Record so you get the right elevation maps.

I know what you mean about feeling a little lost on navigating the course. I did notice that the page that contained the forum for our introductions and discussions also had a section for communicating with instructors. I’m just getting started myself with navigating the site. and am counting on the good will of the instructors to make us all successful in learning and experiencing permaculture design.

shaunryanschultz
    Participant

Hi Rain,

I’m in Laguna, getting my certification and going to start a permaculture landscaping business. My project will be a rain catchment system in my own 1.3 care stead and a windbreak/wildlife shelter-foodsource along thtee sides of my fence line.

Nice to see some permaculture up in Catron County

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.