Homepage » Forums » Permaculture in Your Neighborhood » Philippines » Hello from the Philippines!

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  apocs9 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Sherry Anne
    Participant

Hello! I am very much interested in sustainable living using the principles of permaculture. I would like to see more people caring for the environment. I started out first with waste segregation which led me to composting, vermicomposting, bokashi composting, permaculture, aquaponics, renewable energies. I am still learning and am very happy to discover your website offering free permaculture course. Yehey !!!!!

Vladislav
    Keymaster

Hello Sherry Anne and welcome to the Online Permaculture Design Course!

I am really thrilled that you have chosen to join us for this world-changing program. With many tens of thousands of enrolled students, this is the world’s largest permaculture education course, and we’re really quite excited to share this knowledge with you.

I want to take a moment to let you know about a few options that can help you get the most out of your learning experience with us:

– Our instructors answer questions on these forums, and we generally really encourage you to participate in the forums as much as you can, as it will really help you engage with this material in the best possible way. You are encouraged to post any questions you may have about the lectures or general permaculture questions.

– The course itself is offered completely free of charge (no catch, no gotcha, nothing). We also offer the same material on DVD (so you can watch it on your television) and you can purchase the DVD sets @ http://www.regenerative.com/dvd

– We do offer the internationally-standard Permaculture Design Certificate as an option with this course. The certificate program includes an experiential design project and examination; the design project can be for virtually any topic, including your own property. You can learn more about the certification @ http://www.regenerative.com/certificate

If you agree that the knowledge we offer in these lectures is worthwhile, we encourage you to support the continued development of this program by purchasing the DVD sets and the certification. The DVD sets also make truly gifts for friends and loved ones, and are a great way to introduce other people to permaculture (consider donating a set of DVDs to your local library!).

Again, welcome on-board. I encourage you to take a moment to post on the other forums. If you have any questions, please post them in the Technical Questions or the Q&A forums (/forums). On behalf of our entire team, we hope that you enjoy this program and look forward to seeing you take this knowledge into the wild!

Cocoy
    Participant

Hi Sherry!

Just started doing some aquaponics, vermicomposting and container gardening on a very limited space. I am glad to find someone who has same interests.

Sherry Anne
    Participant

Oh hi cocoy!

I am also glad that there are more and more people who are getting interested in gardening/farming the natural way.
    Late last year, I have been attending SOAP (Spread Organic Agriculture in the Philippines) seminars. The best part is that they are for free! Yes, FREE!

I have not started aquaponics yet as I do not have the space. I’ve tried vermicomposting but because of lack of time, they all died. hahaha! Container gardening, yes, I still have that.

Nick
    Participant

Hi Cocoi and Sherry, I’ve been reading a lot about permaculture and got so interested, I’m from Sta. Rosa Laguna, I’m into sustainable energy, I have a 1,800w Solar electical sytem installed at my house I replaced the ornamental plant on my garden with herbs and berries, I already have a pond and am using its water to water my plants, hope to know you guys more so we could share tips on getting better at this

kamae.aguilar
    Participant

Hello everyone! I’m Kamae, from Victoria, Oriental Mindoro. We recently(less than a year) bought a small land where my husband and I moved in with our kids, 6 & 7, and practice organic farming, producing mainly rice and raising some pigs, chickens, and a couple of goats. I was trying to learn more about the different practices in producing food that is not destructive to our environment and luckily stumbled upon permaculture. I actually felt bad with some of the choices(building structures with cement) that I already made and I wish I already knew about it sooner. But I am equally glad it’s still not too late. For the last few weeks, I am trying to do some weeding and mulching in my little vegetable garden, so I would really appreciate everyone’s guidance as much as all the things I can learn from this course, and hopefully share my own experiences and help others too!

Sherry Anne
    Participant

Hi Nick,
    Wow! Good that you have land that has a pond and a solar system.
    I have to contend with my concrete surroundings and trying to think of ways on how to apply permaculture principles.
    I am now in the process of asking around for solar installion in my residence.
    Hoping that in the future, I would have a land to apply my permaculture knowledge.

apocs9
    Participant

I CAN NO LONGER HANDLE THIS SITE WITH THESE ADDS THAT BRING YOU TO SITE THAT TRY TO FOOL YOU INTO DOWNLOADING THERE MALWARE BY TELLING YOU THE YOU NEED TO UPDATE GOOGLE LOOKING ADD! SHAM ON THIS SITE. PLEASE BAN ME FROM THIS SITE SO I SHALL NEVER HAVE TO PUT MY EYES ON THIS ADD MONGER AGAIN.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.