This topic contains 44 replies, has 45 voices, and was last updated by  Vladislav 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author

richquinn
    Participant

My name is Rich and i think that this is a great movement, i have been into sustainable living for a long time and now am branching out into permaculture. Thanks for providing this course hope to see more sites like this and more people putting this information to good use.

RaeGoss
    Participant

Hi I just signed up. My name is Rae and I am going to Kathmandu Nepal and helping build a few kitchen gardens for the local schools. Idealy we want to make these gardens not only sustainable but only use resources readily available to the average person in Nepal which means irrigation will be a challenge. with no money and depleated resources even rain barrels will be difficult. I am new to permiculture but I think this could really work the best. composting to minimisse the need for irrigation and growing food forests instead of monocrops is a fantastic solution to many problems. I am very exited to learn from these lectures and help fight hunger without creating new problems:) Thank you:)

Kristofer
    Participant

Hi gang. I’m looking forward to taking this course. It’s fantastic that it’s offered free online and I hope tonnes of people take advantage of this!

Kristofer

Keli Jorgensen
    Participant

Hello from Costa Rica!
    Thank you so much for putting this course on line. I’m a soil scientist/writer, and have heard about Permaculture over and over since my undergrad days in Northern California. You posted this course on line at a point that was perfect for me, and I think, for a lot of people interested in finding a way to live and eat in harmony with mother Earth. I’m watching about half a lecture every day during my lunch hour. I would love to go through this course with a small online community. Maybe we could set small goals for progress, and go through at roughly the same rate. Then we can share our thoughts or reactions. Just a thought.
    And if you’re thinking of coming to Costa Rica any time, let me know!
    Warm regards, keli

Susan
    Participant

Hello all. I am so glad to be joining you from San Jose, CA. I live on a very small city lot and grow on every available inch. I hope to inspire others to do the same. I’m thrilled and so grateful to find this online course available. Wishing you all the best. Susan

Martin
    Participant

Hello,
    I’m Martin from the Netherlands, in the eastern part near the border with Germany. Unable to pay for the ‘official’ pdc-courses I’m happy your initiative gives me the opportunity to learn pdc-stuff anyway.
    Thanks!

Anonymous

Hi, I am based in Cambridge, UK. Have been learning about and practising permaculture for a while now. I am particularly interested in bees of all sorts and in using permaculture principles in my aromatherapy practice.

GLENN
    Participant

Hello, my name is Glenn. I reside in south Texas. I retired early due to severe osteoarthritis.
    I have noticed the climate change here in south Texas, getting hotter, dryer, food prices soaring
    like everything else. I have heard about Permaculture years ago through Mother Earth News, so
    I have a few of Bill Mollison’s books (expensive) which I have been reading. Currently I am taking another
    FREE course Intoduction to Permaculture, which I also find very interesting. I found this site browsing through and I read Larry Korn, (translator of One Straw Revolution, which I have read), is the instructor so here I am to learn more about Permaculture.
    Glenn

aaltinmekik
    Participant

Hi to all,
    My name is Aycan. I’m originally from Turkey but do reside in Reno, Nevada. My spiritual practice and personal evolution has brought me to a point where I got interested in Ecology, Sustainability, Permaculture and so on. Then I have started searching and learning. I was amazed when I found out that there was a huge community out there, all around the world who were trying to live with the Nature, through a special way that is mutually nurturing. I felt that this was so inspiring and reassuring. Personally I felt late, but then again this must be the right time for me. I am 38 years old, though still feeling 26. I have a long way to go and a lot of energy to work and do good in life. I am so grateful that my search has led me to this website. This is a wonderful opportunity for me and other people, who are hungry for the necessary knowledge to create a self-sufficient, Earth-friendly, nurturing and peaceful life. Thank you so much to Larry Korn and everyone else who have made this happen! I completed my first lesson today, learned from it and cherished it tremendously! I am looking forward to completing the course. Thank you all again!

Anonymous

@ Ger Duut

http://medume.weebly.com/ Heel leuk!

Even for those don’t read Dutch, the site is well laid out and has some cool plant lists and photos.

A Dutch veggie blog by Vera Greutink: http://www.tuinsmakelijk.nl
    and in English http://www.growntocook.com

thomas
    Participant

I there !

I’m Thomas and I’m very happy to join this forum and this course ! I’ve been reading all I could about Permaculture and I really wanted to follow a PDC but so far, I never got the right timing or the right financials to actually participate to a hands-on course. I’m very exited to start learning more with all of you !

Cheers !

Thomas

Anonymous

Hello from Magnolia, Texas. My name is Joan and I live northwest of Houston. I’ve been interested in permaculture for several years and have read books on the subject. My biggest challenges are the heat, drought and hungry deer. I have 5 acres and intend to plant some fruit trees in the spring. I’m looking forward to the classes.

Anonymous

Hallo, I ‘m from Belgium and want to start growing my own vegetables and fruits in the most nature friendly way possible. I would be the first generation in my family not knowing how to survive without a supermarket if I don ‘t start learning now and that makes me think… Happy gardening to everyone here 🙂

Russ
    Participant

Hello everyone, my name is Russ. I am 33 years old, happily married and have two wonderful children. I live in the Comox Valley on Vancouver Island. Our land is moderately sloped, rugged and rocky, but the surrounding environment is stunning, so I struggle in complete happiness. I have been interested in learning different ways to develop my 5 acre property in an environmentaly responsible and sustainable way, and have been learning about many different techniques on The Survival Podcast, as well as Permies.com and through massive open online courses offered on the canvas network. Progress is slow going as we are also trying to renovate the home that we moved onto the property 5 years ago, as well as working a 14/7 shift schedule 1500km away from my home. My job is the most unsustainable part of my life, but I expect that as our society is a machine that constantly requires input, and I have yet to become self reliant enough to break those chains. Through hard work, and a willingness to explore new ideas I know my goals can be obtained.

Vladislav
    Keymaster

Hello tech51 and welcome to the Online Permaculture Design Course!

I am really thrilled that you have chosen to join us for this world-changing program. With many tens of thousands of enrolled students, this is the world’s largest permaculture education course, and we’re really quite excited to share this knowledge with you.

I want to take a moment to let you know about a few options that can help you get the most out of your learning experience with us:

– Our instructors answer questions on these forums, and we generally really encourage you to participate in the forums as much as you can, as it will really help you engage with this material in the best possible way. You are encouraged to post any questions you may have about the lectures or general permaculture questions.

– The course itself is offered completely free of charge (no catch, no gotcha, nothing). We also offer the same material on DVD (so you can watch it on your television) and you can purchase the DVD sets @ http://www.regenerative.com/dvd

– We do offer the internationally-standard Permaculture Design Certificate as an option with this course. The certificate program includes an experiential design project and examination; the design project can be for virtually any topic, including your own property. You can learn more about the certification @ http://www.regenerative.com/certificate

If you agree that the knowledge we offer in these lectures is worthwhile, we encourage you to support the continued development of this program by purchasing the DVD sets and the certification. The DVD sets also make truly gifts for friends and loved ones, and are a great way to introduce other people to permaculture (consider donating a set of DVDs to your local library!).

Again, welcome on-board. I encourage you to take a moment to post on the other forums. If you have any questions, please post them in the Technical Questions or the Q&A forums (/forums). On behalf of our entire team, we hope that you enjoy this program and look forward to seeing you take this knowledge into the wild!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.