This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Jorge 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

nata_marchuk
    Participant

Dear all,
    I was surprised to find no posts on guilds. What plants work better together. May be I was looking at wrong spot, if so, please send me right way. My situation is following: I planted several fruit trees (nectarine, cherry, persimmon, olive, pomegranate, loquat, plum, lemon and avocado) 4 years ago, they are well distanced from one another. Now (after discovering permaculture) I want to interplant them with shrubs, vines and perennials. I was looking online in search of some ideas (except apple tree and walnut tree guilt found in Gaya’s garden) and did not find much. If you have good working combinations, please share or forward me the sources.
    Thank you!
    Nata

Jorge
    Participant

Hello.

I am not sure if my answer is still useful, but I think maybe you have been searching wrong key words. 🙂

Not sure about this site, but there are plenty posts outside regarding this subject. Just google “trees+companion+permaculture”!

Good luck! 🙂

Jorge
    Participant

By the way… can you please tell me anything about that walnut guild? 🙂

fee_mauvaise
    Participant

Jorge, here is an interesting article on walnuts. It seems that they poison plants around them so they’re not so easy to work with.
    http://designerecosystems.com/2014/10/28/the-best-permaculture-walnut-guild-and-how-to-produce-more-food-from-a-smaller-area/

Jorge
    Participant

Very nice post indeed!

Thanks Fee!

alanbiz38
    Participant

I mow one of my neighbors yards and she has walnut trees. Growing under those trees are some kind of perennial flower. It comes up kind of like daffodils
    but they have a purplish blue flower. They come up every year. I’m not sure what they are but I might be able to find out for you if you want to know.

Jorge
    Participant

Hello! Thanks for your reply and attention.

Anyway, that is not needed. I already have several references to work with! :

Thanks,
    J

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.