RESOURCES – REGENERATIVE.com

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  jacksontherabbit 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

jacksontherabbit
    Participant

Howdy! I have noticed in the video comments and some of the discussion topics people not knowing how or when or why to start something…if its affordable, where to get stuff etc. I am happy to see people sharing links in discussions…but I thought maybe to formulate a place for people to share resources. so if you have a magazine, book, website, podcast, video, film you found resourceful maybe you’d want to share. I am away from home on a borrowed computer but here is a list off the top of my head….its a little jumbled. Please don’t assume any are a given as there are all sorts of folks from all over who can check this stuff out.

MAGAZINES: there are zines, pdfs, downloadable and paper ones for purchase. Some titles off the top of my head: Permaculture, Communities, Acres, Modern Farmer, Backwoodsman, Mother Earth News. survivalism, prepping, doomsday topic mags/books also cover overlapping topics

FILMS/TV: Alone in the Wilderness, the trash warrior, Olomana Gardens has a great aquaponics video, my buddy Susan Moser has a great little book and dvd about growing greens in a greenhouse, there is a dvd I just ordered called “the future greenhouse”. again lots of shows and films about prepping/survival have ideas and overlap within them. Alaska the Last Frontier, doomsday preppers. I just ordered a dvd about the “future of greenhouses”…earthship like greenhouses.

WEBSITES: GOOGLE-check out related topics, use multiple words in your search, VIMEO, YOUTUBE, PINTEREST, TUMBLR, PERMIES, WIKIPEDIA, CRAIGSLIST, MEET UP, SOCIAL FUNDRAISING SITES like GOFUNDME and KICKSTARTER. USDA or similar,

LIBRARIES-here in the states there is a 24/7 phone number to ask librarians things. much of the “technology” in permaculture isn’t new and there are many older books on related topics.

BOOKSTORES-check out permaculture books, write down and google the authors name and find related material, authors, projects etc.

COLLEGES: may colleges have classes, community classes, extension programs, ag programs, organic farms, community gardens, workshops, informational sessions, speakers, festivals

COMMUNITY GARDENS…meet people and network…you never know where that will lead

LOCAL FARMS…talk to people growing things…even if its not the way you want…they will have advice and tips on your area…maybe even your property

URBAN GARDENS…nothing like talking to people doing what you want to be doing, doing what you aren’t, different urban areas have different things to over come and better to learn before you try and learn from experience.

FARMERS MARKETS…talk to farmers, meet people interested in similar things.

ECO VILLAGES-visit, check out videos, vlogs, documentaries, books, zines, articles, websites

FOODIES-talk to chefs, foodies, read up on local food, food hubs, food movements: farm labor movements, food justice, organic growing, sustainable ag

LAND SURVEYORS: many know all sorts of random stuff you wouldn’t think about.

BEE KEEPERS

FOOD FORAGERS

CHECK OUT: your local assessors office, county or city permit office, in my county in WA state we have geodata.org which has maps-topographical, wetland and buffers, parcel lines. bing also has good maps.

KEYWORDS: permaculture, green living, eco village, eco housing, tiny home, storage container house, earthship, biodomes, biodynamics, food foraging, wild crafted, anti oppression, consensus, co housing, food cooperatives, collectives

OPEN SOURCE information

ok I will add to this list…and I hope you will too! if you know other places information like this is shared…share that too!

jacksontherabbit
    Participant

OK well obviously I hadn’t seen right below this section was a section just for sharing resources. LOL…I suppose I need to spend more time observing.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.