the classical education – REGENERATIVE.com

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  aldirix 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

myrrhe.d
    Participant

Hi, I’m a student Agro- and biotechnology in my first year in Belgium. I’ve been interested in permaculture for some time now and was looking for an education that would fullfill this. Unfortunately it seems that our educational system is 30 years behind when it comes to agricultural principles. My education does not contain any ecological principles or permaculture what so ever. It is really frustrating that in this kind of society i have the feeling that i have to get a college education, because it has become almost impossible to find a proper way to earn your living without. But i realise that everything i’m learning is destroying our planet… I would like to know if other people in other parts of the world are also dealing with this, or if somebody knows where it’s possible to find a college education that is more up to date with permaculture, ecological phylosophy and the role of people in this magical ecosystem we call earth 🙂

Charley
    Participant

Hi myrrhe.d.

I can relate to the frustration with the educational system. It’s evidently the same everywhere in the “developed” world because of the so-called Industrial Revolution which created more problems than it solved. Since you are from Belgium, I thought it would be good to introduce you to fellow Belgian and true revolutionary, Michal Bauwens if you don’t know of him already. He will probably have an appropriate answer about a specific college in your part of the world. Since we are under the forum topic that includes “Social Permaculture” I think you and others here could benefit from having a look at Michal’s P2P Foundation – “…an international organization focused on studying, researching, documenting and promoting peer to peer practices in a very broad sense…” which I believe provides an up-to-date perspective of the future role of all of us Earthlings.

aldirix
    Participant

Hello Myrrhe ! Have you ever heard of the student town Louvain-la-Neuve? You should come by some time and visit the neighbourhood called “La Baraque”. There, you can easely find a lot of information about Permaculture and sustainable agriculture. Louvain-la-Neuve is a small student city filled with other amazing initiatives and alternatives to ” classical education “.
    You can also read a few things about Idriss Aberkane, who is a researcher in neurosciences : he implemented the concept of ” Biomimétisme ” ! I think you will like it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.