Homepage 2019 » Forums » Online Course Technical Questions » UPGRADE STATUS: COMPLETED – READ FIRST

This topic contains 20 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Vladislav 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Vladislav
    Keymaster

The server maintenance has been completed. We apologize for how long it took; we needed to ensure 100% data integrity in nearly half a million user accounts (yes, we have that many students here!).

As per the warning notice we had posted during the migration, all student progress made during the maintenance has been erased.

Vladislav
    Keymaster

You are welcome to post any questions here. Please note that it’s going to take us a few days to work through any residual upgrade issues but things should be fully back up to normal very soon.

Lisa
    Participant

Ok, yes. All my completed courses were erased, but I just redid a lesson, finished and passed the quiz and it is NOT marking that I completed therefore I cannot move onto the next lesson.

Vladislav
    Keymaster

Greetings – this is not an issue on our side. We are seeing people go through programs without any issues. Please make sure you are using the very latest web browser and clear your cache (our site ALWAYS requires the VERY latest browsers). Try a different browser if necessary.

David
    Participant

Where is the timestamp on the video i cannot watch half a video and go back to that point later on. This is a fail.

Vladislav
    Keymaster

Our system does not have that feature.

David
    Participant

It did have this feature. All the videos I watched previously I could pause, move anywhere in the video and re-watch parts that I wanted to make sure I understand and had a time stamp so I could stop anytime, record the time into the video and come back later and finish. Now I have to watch the whole video again. If i get 50 mins into a 55 min video and have to shut my computer down I have to watch the same 50 mins again. It is very frustrating when so called ‘improvements’ happen only to find out that a huge backward step has been taken.

Melissa .

I have finished my lesson but the quiz isnt coming up what am i doing wrong?

Vladislav
    Keymaster

@david – We enabled the functionality to require full completion of video to curb academic fraud. We were seeing a number of customers who would skip the videos, guess at the quizzes and then try to get us to give them a Permaculture Design Certificate. I hear you on the issue you’re describing, but we will not be bringing back the ability to skip videos as it is incompatible with our certification programs and other policies.

@Melissa – Ensure you’re using the very latest web browser. Our website always requires latest technology.

sambalena
    Participant

I prefer to read the transcript!!!! Im in a library and need headphones (which I don’t have right now) – BOO! I understand your dilemma, but it takes me less time to read and I absorb better… Why not try better questions – yours are quite arbitrary???

Vladislav
    Keymaster

@sambalena – Sounds like you may need to adjust your attitude. It’s probably dramatically hurting your quality of life. #serious

Please specify which browser is most compatible with your courses
    I am unable to view a video

Vladislav
    Keymaster

Our website should be compatible with any latest browser. We use standard Vimeo video hosting for the videos, so if you’re having issues, that’s definitely something with your computer.

Eunice Santos
    Participant

Hello, All my completed courses were erased. What can I do?

Vladislav
    Keymaster

If you made progress during the maintenance time period, all progress was lost. There was a giant purple banner that warned you that would happen. Why did you ignore it?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.