Homepage 2019 » Forums » Online and Offline Permaculture Resources » Where information on the plant's sohabitants and why

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ibrahim Sial 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Nicole
    Participant

I’m looking for a resource that would describe what the plants do to the soils. For example someone might say that a certain plant only grows under a particular tree. This may be because the tree creates an acidic environment and that plant can grow in it. I want the information that says this plant does so and so to a soil so only ones that secrete this, or whatever can grow there that way I can create my own parings that work as well without losing plants to trial and error. So I can then look and create connections based on how that plant reacts to different soils and whatnot. I hope I got across what I’m trying to get across properly. Please let me know. Thanks everyone!

saint
    Participant

Check out Dave Jacke’s Edible Forest Gardens books:
    “Polyculture patches should include no more than 7 species to limit complexity and ais understanding odf plant dynamics. King Henry (Chenopodium bonus-henricus) and Chicory, both edible greens with taproots, interspersed with French Sorrel, chives, and Mountain Sorrel, all edible greens with shallow fibrous roots. Between these five clumpers runs watercress, with the matt-forming prostrate bird’s foot trefoil also filling in.”

Ibrahim Sial
    Participant

If you want an awesome resource in database form check out the website http://www.pfaf.org/user/default.aspx

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.