Winter Planting.. – REGENERATIVE.com

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  ehlers_maryh 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

maria03.e
    Participant

Hello Everyone! Are there any veggies that I can start in the winter? In a cold frame? There is just so much sun here and I see all this stuff about winter harvesting from fall planting. What about winter planting?

adamv12
    Participant

In my cold frames I usually do hardier leafy greens such as Kale, I also do a lot of root veggies in mine such as onions turnips beets and radishes. There a wide variety of veggies you can do though if you red Toby Hemenways Gaias garden there are good resources to region and varieties in there. One of the greatest Permie books as far as I’m concerned. Good luck and happy planting. A lot of it is trial and error you really never know what will do best til you try.

ehlers_maryh
    Participant

I know I’m commenting kind of late, but here in the Mesilla Valley I planted Snow Peas, broccoli, Kale, Swiss Chard and turnips (for the greens) in October. They’re looking robust and thriving even after our snow and freezing temperatures.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.